This BLS practice test is Part 1 of the BLS Express Study Guide. The BLS Express Study Guide is a completely FREE interactive training course that provides a comprehensive, fast, and fun review of the AHA BLS manual for health care providers.
BLS practice test-Part 1 covers the first half of the AHA BLS provider manual. It will give you a review of all the major points you need to know prior to your BLS class.
This test contains a total of 35 questions. After answering each question, you will be provided with the rationale. The rationale gives details about the correct answer.
This BLS practice test is designed to teach and reinforce the content found the AHA BLS provider manual. Please comment below if you have any questions.
0 of 35 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 35 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Return to the main page using the link below to begin Part 2. Return to BLS Study Guide Main Page
1. You are leaving work for the day. In the parking lot, you find an unresponsive elderly man laying by his car. Since you are the first rescuer, you must first _______.CorrectIncorrect
2. You find a patient in his hospital bed. He is unresponsive and has agonal breathing. What should you do?CorrectIncorrect
3. Healthcare providers should take no more than ______ seconds to check for a pulse.CorrectIncorrect
4. You are alone and find an unresponsive victim not breathing. You shout for help but no one responds. What is the proper sequence of actions in light of this:CorrectIncorrect
5. (True or False)
For victims of any age, the lone rescuer should use the compression-ventilation ratio of 30 compressions to two breaths for CPR.CorrectIncorrect
6. The foundation of CPR is ________.CorrectIncorrect
7. You begin chest compressions on a 42-year-old male you remember that the compression rate is __________.CorrectIncorrect
8. When performing chest compressions on an adult which of the following factors are important?CorrectIncorrect
9. (True or False) Two rescuers are generally needed to perform a jaw thrust and provide breaths with the bag-mask device. During CPR, two rescuers are recommended to deliver effective ventilation.CorrectIncorrect
10. (True or False) Use the head-tilt chin-lift if you suspect a head or neck injury.CorrectIncorrect
11. You are performing CPR as a lone rescuer on a 60-year-old female patient. Where is the ideal position for you around the patient as a lone rescuer?CorrectIncorrect
12. (True or False)
For the lone rescuer, bag-mask rescue breathing is NOT recommended during CPR.CorrectIncorrect
13. As you perform 2-person CPR on a patient in cardiac arrest, each breath should be delivered over _______ seconds.CorrectIncorrect
14. How often should rescuers switch roles during CPR?CorrectIncorrect
15. (True or False)
If the jaw thrust maneuver does not work to open the airway on a suspected spinal injury, use a head tilt-chin lift.CorrectIncorrect
16. (True or False)
After you power on an AED (External automated defibrillator), The AED will guide you through the next steps.CorrectIncorrect
17. The sequence of the 4 universal steps for operating an AED are:CorrectIncorrect
18. You have attached the AED to a patient in cardiac arrest, what is your next step:CorrectIncorrect
19. When using the AED, if no shock is advised you should ________.CorrectIncorrect
20. (True or False) Minimizing the time from the last compression and shock delivery improves the effectiveness of the shock to result in ROSC.CorrectIncorrect
21. Adult defibrillator pads should be used for victims ______ years of age or older.CorrectIncorrect
22. Special situations that may arise when using an AED include: (choose all that are correct)CorrectIncorrect
23. (True or False)
You may use an AED even if the victim is laying on snow.CorrectIncorrect
24. A victim is in cardiac arrest and you are preparing to place the AED patches. You notice what appears to be an implanted pacemaker. You should:CorrectIncorrect
25. (True or False) You may place an AED pad directly over a medication patch.CorrectIncorrect
26. The BLS compression-ventilation ratio for 2-rescuer CPR in the child is ________.CorrectIncorrect
27. You are providing CPR for a five-year-old child. As you begin chest compressions you remember that the compression depth should be. _________.CorrectIncorrect
28. (True or False) In the child 1-year-old to puberty, compressions may be administered as 1 or 2 handed compressions.CorrectIncorrect
29. You are a lone provider. You find a child in arrest that was unwitnessed, you should provide CPR for ________ minutes before activating EMS and retrieving the AED.CorrectIncorrect
30. You witness the sudden arrest of a child who is now unresponsive.
(True or False) You should provide 2 minutes of CPR prior to activating EMS.CorrectIncorrect
31. The universal compression to ventilation ratio for the lone rescuer with adults, children, and infants is:CorrectIncorrect
32. The universal compression rate for all cardiac arrest victims is ________.CorrectIncorrect
33. To perform a pulse check in the child, palpate a ________ or femoral pulse.CorrectIncorrect
34. When performing 2-rescuer CPR, on the child, compression to ventilation ratio is:CorrectIncorrect
(True or False) 35. For most infants and children, chest compressions alone are not as effective for delivering oxygen to the heart and brain than a combination of chest compressions and breaths.CorrectIncorrect
Chris Jack says
Excellent free course!!!
Alex Galinde says
I’ve gained more competency and confidence from this lifesaving family 👌, very helpful to anyone else, thank u for this award 🙏
Marie Georgette Ngo Tonye says
Very helpful thank you.
IARIS ARTHUR SADIQ says
sandra pillay says
Joseph Omega Oguda says
Thanks for the update
This is the perfect app
nicole cesa says
Helped me review the BLS (basic life support) material.
Sceva S.Madeha says
It’s a good course for me for delivery of care to patients with medical problems
Rudra Komarraju says
Nice quiz for learning