This PALS Quiz focuses on treatment of the critically ill child using the PALS Systematic Approach Algorithm.
Answer all 10 questions and then your practice test will be graded.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to pass the previous Module's quiz in order to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 10
1. Question1 point(s)The initial impression of the PALS systematic approach algorithm includes which of the following characteristics? (Choose all correct answers.)CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 10
2. Question1 point(s)The second box of the PALS systematic approach algorithm contains a question. (Fill in the blank to complete the question.)
Is the child or is immediate intervention needed?
- Question 3 of 10
3. Question1 point(s)In the PALS systematic approach algorithm, if the child is determined to be unresponsive or immediate intervention is needed what will be your next step?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 10
4. Question1 point(s)After the emergency response is activated, the next intervention is to ____________.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 10
5. Question1 point(s)After it is determined that the child has no pulse, what should be done?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 6 of 10
6. Question1 point(s)A child is unresponsive and is not breathing. You have activated the emergency response system and your pulse check reveals that the child has a pulse. What should you do now?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 7 of 10
7. Question1 point(s)A child is unresponsive and is not breathing. Emergency response was activated and now a pulse check shows that the child does have a pulse. You then open the airway, provide age-appropriate ventilations, and 100% oxygen with a bag valve mask. The child's pulse is < 60/min, and the child has signs of poor perfusion. What is your next intervention?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 8 of 10
8. Question1 point(s)The right branch of the PALS systematic approach algorithm is a sequence of three actions. In the proper sequence, the three actions are: (Fill in the blanks)
- Question 9 of 10
9. Question1 point(s)The evaluate portion of the evaluate-identify-intervene sequence consists of what clinical assessment tools? (Choose all correct answers)CorrectIncorrect
- Question 10 of 10
10. Question1 point(s)(True or False) The sequence of evaluate-identify-intervene should be used before and after each intervention and should continue until the child is stable.CorrectIncorrect