This PALS Quiz focuses on the management of pediatric respiratory distress and failure.
Answer all 10 questions and then your practice test will be graded.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to pass the previous Module's quiz in order to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 10
1. QuestionIf there are signs of respiratory distress or respiratory failure, the first priority is to ________________.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 10
2. QuestionRegardless of the cause, the initial management of respiratory distress or failure hinges on interventions using the following acronym _________.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 10
3. QuestionInterventions falling under the (A)-AIRWAY section of the initial management of respiratory distress or failure include all of the following EXCEPT which one?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 10
4. QuestionChoose all the interventions that best fit within the C-CIRCULATION portion of the initial management of respiratory distress or failure.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 10
5. QuestionMatch the intervention to the correct category for the initial management and treatment of respiratory distress/failure. (Drag and drop to match)
- Perform Head tilt-chin lift Consider OPA or NPA to improve airway patency
- Assist ventilation with a bag-mask device Monitor oxygen saturation by pulse oximetry
- Establish IV access Monitor heart rate, heart rhythm, and blood pressure
- Question 6 of 10
6. QuestionOnce oxygenation and ventilation are stabilized, the type of respiratory problem needs to be identified. Within pediatric advanced life support, respiratory problems are categorized into 4 types. Fill in the blank with the correct word on each type of respiratory problem.
control of breathing
- Question 7 of 10
7. Question_____________________ is an obstruction of the large airway outside the thorax. The obstruction can range from mild to severe and can be caused by airway swelling, infection, or an aspirated foreign body.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 8 of 10
8. QuestionThe 3 main causes of upper airway obstruction include all of the following EXCEPT which one?CorrectIncorrect
- Question 9 of 10
9. QuestionWhich medication(s) may be the most helpful for the child with upper airway swelling related to anaphylaxis? (choose all correct answers)CorrectIncorrect
- Question 10 of 10
10. QuestionIf you suspect a child has a partial (FBAO) foreign body airway obstruction you should:CorrectIncorrect